Lifeline, a fitness leader for over 40 years, continuously develops revolutionary training tools that define the benchmark in professional grade products used for bodyweight, progressive variable resistance and functional training. Founded in 1973 by fitness hall of fame icon Bobby "Sugar" Hinds, creator of legendary products such as the first beaded jump rope and the Lifeline Portable Gym, Lifeline continues to be dedicated to defining and developing exclusive exercise tools powered by Innovation.
In August of 2013, Pivotal 5 announced the acquisition of Lifeline. Lifeline has strengthened Pivotal 5's brand platform by providing a well-respected elite training brand with a history of product innovation.
Lifeline brought to Pivotal 5 over 20 patents, industry leading product development and a motivated team excited to build on the history of success.
THE HISTORY OF LIFELINE
- 1973 - Bobby "Sugar" Hinds founded LifelineUSA on one simple product, his famous beaded jump rope.
- Mid-1970s - Known as the "Jump Rope King," Bobby traveled across the United States promoting the benefits of his perfectly balanced, smooth-action-high-speed rope. He set records, created spectacles and when he wasn't on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, he was jumping alligators in Louisiana.
- 1976 - The ambitious founder took his jump rope from a back yard factory to being the hottest fitness product in Sears and JC Penney. His jump rope even made it onto the back of 12 million boxes of Wheaties...twice!
- 1977 - Lightning continued to strike as Hinds took his newest invention, the Lifeline Portable Gym, into full production and set the stage for Lifeline's growth.
- 1982 - Lifeline airs first infomercials for the Portable Gym featuring Johnny Unitas & Herb Brooks.
- 1986 - Lifeline is sold only to re-purchased by Bobby Hinds in 1989.
- 2000 - Lifeline and Product Partners begin working together.
- 2005 - Lifeline launches the Power Walk.
- 2009 - Lifeline goes through a re-branding initiative and makes a strong push into retail stores across America.
- 2013 - Lifeline acquired by Pivotal 5.
- 2014 - Lifeline unveils an updated logo, refreshed branding, and new product introductions at IHRSA.